Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Olympia Lambert adds one more thing on her recently retooled blog

"If you happened to catch me at the Red Dot 2008 Art Blogger symposium, I do have one thing to add that was not discussed with much fervor. With me you will never have me holding back on criticism. This is what I do. I am not here to rehash an artist's biography from a gallery, or spit back a reworded press release. I do not consider that to be writing, nor journalism, and my professors at Boston University's College of Communication would have handed my ass on a platter if I would have done so." Read more.

1 comment:

Oly said...

Haha!
Oh, no!
I am EXPOSED for not having an art degree or MFA background!
(hides behind her journalism degree)
:)

As someone who comes from a writing background and especially a 4 year journalism school, I can say that I felt the panel was being FAR too cautious. One of the first things they teach you in COM 101 is how seriously difficult libel/slander cases are to win, because MALICE must be proven.

Telling the truth as you see it, i.e., an "opinion", most always holds up in court. So until then, I will continue to shout to the world how much I feel Dash Snow's work is vapid and not worth the $$ of its framing jobs.

:)

Oly